Gtechniq C1 Crystal Lacquer and C2 Liquid Crystal Kit
C1 and C2 Kit. All the benefits of C1 Crystal Lacquer and C2 Liquid Crystal in one handy kit.
Why use Gtechniq C1 Crystal Lacquer and C2 Liquid Crystal?
C1 has been independently proven in the world’s most respected weathering facility. You can see in the YouTube video below, it offers the best gloss retention of any other product tested. Over a simulated run of 3 years in Arizona sunlight, a C1 coated panel lost half the amount of gloss than its next best competitor, and a third less gloss than the average score for all other products tested.
As well as gloss retention C1 Crystal Lacquer is extremely durable, as it actually becomes the functional surface of a car’s paintwork. Also scratch resistant, C1 forms a crystalline film which is extremely hard, this characteristic makes it effective at preventing minor scratching from poor wash technique on relatively soft automotive paint.
C1 coated panels have been tested against uncoated panels, as well as high-end carnauba waxes and polymer sealants.
On average, panels coated with Gtechniq C1, exhibited 50 percent less swirl marks than those coated with waxes or left uncoated.
C2 Liquid Crystal is the revolutionary way to make your car, boat, plane or RV shine and stay clean longer, thanks to Gtechniq’s unique 3S Smart Surface Science.
With C2 Liquid Crystal you get instant, effective protection from UV and dirt without the expense of dealer applied systems.
Fast and easy to use, C2 is based on the same smart surface technology as its big brother, C1 Crystal Lacquer which is the performance coating of choice amongst industry professionals and OEMs.
Storage and use:-
- Make sure the surface you are working on is cool, dry and out of direct sunlight
- When applying the product always wear gloves to prevent C1 coming into contact with your skin
- Dab product onto the application pad
- Replace the lid on the bottle and set aside – do not keep the bottle in your hand as this promotes premature curing
- Change the application pad after 3 to 4 applications of areas no bigger than half a car bonnet. If you do not do this, you will feel the coating becoming sticky when applying, this makes it extremely difficult to buff
- The coating forms an almost immediate reaction with the paint/fibreglass molecules it comes into contact with. Reaction time of C1 is temperature and humidity dependent – for normal room temperature at around 50 percent humidity, we recommend buffing between 30 and 60 seconds afterwards
- You may need to buff the same area several times to remove residue. We recommend using two microfibre cloths at any one time. Please note that you are only removing excess product
- Avoid buffing with too much force as this can spoil the surface you are protecting, and you may also drag the partially cured coating off the surface
- Take care that the microfibre cloths you are using are rotated sufficiently and quickly so that C1 does not partially cure in the cloth, this will make buffing residue significantly more difficult
- If you miss removing residue and it cures fully, you should re-polish this area, and reapply C1
- As soon as you finish put the microfibres in water and wash and dry them as soon as possible, otherwise C1 will crystallise in the cloth
- Use C1 Crystal Lacquer within 1 year of purchasing, for best results, once opened use within 3 months
- Leave at least three hours after using C1 before applying any C2 Liquid Crystal
- Spray onto surface and buff with a Gtechniq MF1 ZeroR Microfibre Buff Cloth
- Apply C2 to one panel at a time
- C2 can be used with any other car care products as a base or top layer. It can also be used as a drying aid by diluting between 1:2, spraying onto a wet surface and drying with a Gtechniq MF2 Zero Scratch Microfibre Drying Towel
- Do not apply in direct sunlight allowing product to dry
- Can be layered for increased gloss and protection
- If residue is hard to remove, wipe with a damp MF1 cloth, and buff with a second dry MF1 cloth
- C2 needs to be used within two years from the date purchased, once opened it has a shelf life of 1 year
- Please see our FAQ section for more information
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Slickshifts.com does not store or process your card details, we hand the security and payment collection over to PayPal.