Chemical Guys DeCon Pro Iron Remover and Wheel Cleaner
Why Buy This Product?
- Reacts with iron deposits to neutralise bond with porous surfaces
- Formula neutralises the reactions that cause rust and paint failure caused by hot brake dust particles
- Iron catalyst turns purple once reaction is complete
- pH-balanced formula safe for all wheel types, gloss paint, clear coat finishes, polished metal, chrome, and glass
- Add to wheel-cleaning arsenal to remove toughest stuck on brake dust and contaminants
- Finish the car wash process with DeCon Pro, then follow up with clay bar service for thorough decontamination during a full detail
How To Use:
Add DeCon Pro to your wheel detailing arsenal
- Add DeCon Pro to your wheel detailing arsenal
- Rinse wheels with flowing water to remove loose dirt and grime particles
- Mist it over wheel surfaces and brake components like calipers and rotors
- Let it dwell for a few minutes; a chemical reaction will turn the clear solution purple once the iron particles have been released
- Never let it dry completely on the surface
- Rinse away the residue with a sharp stream of water
- Continue cleaning wheels with greater ease and reduced scrubbing and agitation with wheel cleaning brushes, soaps, and cleaners.
Add DeCon Pro to full vehicle detail services
- Start a full detail with a normal wash with two bucket method, Chemical Guys car wash shampoo, and premium soft car wash mitt
- Rinse away dirt and soap residue
- Spray down painted panels, wheel parts, glass, and windows with DeCon Pro
- Let DeCon Pro dwell for a few minutes; a chemical reaction will turn the clear solution purple once the iron particles have been released
- Never let DeCon Pro dry completely on the surface
- Rinse away the DeCon Pro residue with a sharp stream of water
- Continue the full detailing service with clay bar decontamination service, polishing (if desired), then seal the vehicle with desired coatings, glazes, sealants, or waxes
How It Works
DeCon Pro removes stubborn brake dust, iron deposits, and other embedded metallic contamination from wheels and lower body panels. Brake dust contains shards of iron and steel from brake rotors, brake pad friction material, and burnt carbon left over after intense braking. This material gets sprayed out from the brakes and embeds itself into wheels, lower body panels, undercarriage parts, and all over nearby vehicles. This brake dust is corrosive and abrasive, and without proper and quick removal, it causes a chemical reaction that leads to permanent rust damage, or scratches and swirl marks from improper cleaning. Chemical Guys DeCon Pro is a specialty gel that releases iron deposits and other ferrous metal contamination from automotive surfaces, then neutralises the corrosive chemical reaction that leads to rust and paint failure. Specialty iron catalysts react with ferrous metals and turn purple once the chemical reaction releases embedded contamination from painted surfaces. DeCon Pro is the only pH-balanced cleaner that removes deep contamination you can’t even see. Add DeCon Pro to your wheel cleaning arsenal to remove tough brake dust from wheels, brake rotors and calipers, and undercarriage parts. Decontaminate painted surfaces, polished metals, and glass during a full detail for a deep and thorough clean you can see and feel. Break down the worst brake dust and embedded iron deposits before they destroy your paint with it.
Take Iron Out Of The Equation
Modern vehicles easily achieve higher speeds and require stronger braking systems to stop in time. These powerful brakes spit out large amounts of hot, corrosive, and filthy brake dust all over wheels and brake parts, and all over the rest of the vehicle. The hot iron particles embed into the surface, and cannot be fully removed by normal car washing techniques or products. Clay bars pull up the embedded debris, but do nothing to neutralise the corrosion reaction started by the decaying iron particles. DeCon Pro helps release the stuck-on iron deposits from the surface, and neutralises the chemical reaction that begins to destroy paintwork, clear coat finishes, polished metals, and wheel finishes. By neutralising the chemical reaction deep within the material, DeCon Pro helps prolong the life of vehicle coatings, paint systems, and polished metal car parts. Use DeCon Pro while cleaning wheels to break down the worst brake dust and road grime from brake parts, undercarriage components, and wheel surfaces. Decontaminate and neutralise abrasive brake dust and rail dust pollution from painted surfaces and polished metals during a full detail with DeCon Pro. Remove corrosive and abrasive brake dust and iron particles that cause rust, swirls, and scratches with DeCon Pro.
Change You Can See On Contamination You Can’t
Microscopic brake dust and embedded iron particles may not always be visible to the eye, but the contamination actively destroys vehicles every day. Sprays on clear and changes colour to deep purple once the catalyst reaction has released and neutralised iron corrosion from vehicle surfaces. Performance braking systems use carbon-ceramic or kevlar pads to generate tons of heat and stop the fastest modern cars in their tracks. The enormous braking force peels off billions of tiny steel shards from brake rotors, and spews burnt pad material and carbon all over vehicle surfaces and into the air. Freight and passenger trains use similar braking systems and kick up enormous amounts of rail dust into the air. Brand new vehicles transported by rail often arrive at their destination completely covered in iron dust that must be removed before the vehicle can be sold. DeCon Pro easily removes embedded iron contamination, saves sensitive paint and polished surfaces from caustic cleaning chemicals, and from abrasive cleaning techniques.
Decontaminate Automotive Surfaces
DeCon Pro is formulated for gentle cleaning action on the most common areas of iron contamination and pollution. Use DeCon Pro to release hot iron deposits from paintwork, polished metals, wheels, brake components, undercarriage parts, glass, and lower body panels closest to wheels and brakes. DeCon Pro is pH-balanced, non-caustic, and safe for all shiny and glossy wheel and paint finishes. Iron particles can cause abrasive swirls and scratches from improper removal, but they also break down painted finishes and promote rust and corrosion. Even after the particles are removed from paint, the reaction has started and can continue to destroy painted finishes on any vehicle. DeCon Pro actively neutralises the chemical reaction in its tracks and stops corrosive damage from hot iron deposits before they cause total paint failure. Upgrade your detailing arsenal with Chemical Guys DeCon Pro, and take down hot iron, steel, and ferrous metal particles before they rust your car away.
|Top||Black top, with Sprayer Included|
|Safe on all wheels||Yes|